We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Please watch the video above or review the list below to learn about the new protocols put in place in response to COVID-19 at Niki Moon Salon. Every aspect of your visit has been thoroughly examined to ensure the maximum amount of safety for you as well as our team:
* Salon staff has been divided into two teams working opposite schedules. The teams will never be in the salon at the same time to decrease any chance of cross contamination.
* We will be operating at limited capacity. Under Phase 3 of the governor’s plan to reopen Illinois, we are operating at 50% occupancy.
* We separated our salon stations to be further apart as well as installed glass walls between each station to ensure further protection for our clients as well as team members.
* We have all the protective gear for our team members as well as our clients. As in masks, gloves etc. Each stylist will change gloves, masks and aprons between each guest.
* We have secured medical grade disinfectants for all hard surfaces.
* We have always sanitized between clients as well as changed capes and towels between each client and will continue to do so (all salons should have already been doing this).
* Throughout the day and at the end of the day, we take pretty extreme measures cleaning the chairs, bowls, desks, etc. in between appointments. At the end of the day, we spray our floors with an antiviral solution.
* We have hand sanitizer everywhere in the salon as well and we encourage that our patrons use it in addition to washing their hands.
* We have a contactless thermometer to measure the temperature of our team members as well as clients.
* We have upgraded our HVAC system to deliver higher quality air as well as eliminating germs in air.
* We have a contactless payment system as well as booking system.
* We have removed our waiting area in the salon. Upon arrival please call the salon to inform us you have arrived for your appointment. You will need to wait in your car until your service provider is ready for you. Once your service provider is ready you will be called or texted.
* Only guests receiving a service are allowed in the salon. Please do not bring an additional guests.
* Please arrive to your appointment on time. It is important now more than ever to arrive on time to your appointment. There are many things in place that are relying on this. Please do your best to arrive on time.
* We have set up an entry station for sanitation, temperature check & communication upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will be unable to enter the salon. Your appointment will be cancelled and rescheduled 14 days after.
* We will be treating everyone, including staff, as if they could be infected.
* Masks will be mandatory for staff as well as guests. Do not remove your mask during your visit. We will use medical tape to secure mask to your face when we need work in areas the mask may interfere with.
* Each area, all tools, stations and equipment will be sanitized and/or disinfected between each client.
* It is not mandatory to wear gloves as long as you are following hand sanitizing procedures.
* All staff have updated certification on Sanitation protocols via Barbacide ™ Certification.
* Temporarily suspending all complimentary services, No beverages, No Blow-drying.
* Please do not bring in any outside food or snacks in order to keep your mask in place.
* Cleaner Air – To avoid blowing germs around we will be limiting the use of a blow-dryer for several services. This will help keep your mask in place. This is only a temporary precaution.
* Please understand if you are getting a color service, you may have an up-charge for your color because of the need to use more color than usual due to missed maintenance appointments ($10-40 depending on need).
* Cancellation policy – We will not be penalizing for any last-minute cancellations due to being sick. However, please provide us with information as soon as possible (48 hours) so we can adjust our schedules accordingly. We are trying our best to get every client back in as soon as possible.
* We will also be requiring a credit card to secure each appointment. If you cancel due to sickness then will be no charge however if you no-show your appointment you will be charged 50% of the service fee.
Rest Assured, we hope to get back to normal and offering many of the added value services and extras you have come to enjoy.
These protocols will continue to be refined and adjusted as needed and will keep you informed every step of the way. Thank you for your patience and understanding.